- A bunch of curly parsley, leaves only
- A bunch of flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- A half a bunch of mint leaves
- A very small bunch of dill, leaves only
- A few leaves of tarragon (a very small amount)
- 1 small can of anchovy fillets, chopped
- 12 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- a hand full of capers coarsely chopped
- Extra virgin olive
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste (be careful with the salt as the anchovies are very salty)
This recipe is inspired by the great British chef Fergus Henderson. His latest book “The Whole Beast” contains many authentic British recipes. This green sauce is going to be most assuredly be served at the royal wedding. It goes with almost every meat, fish or vegetables. Fergus suggests that you should never use a food processor for this sauce as you will end up with pulp. Here is a recipe that you can try at home.
- Finely chop the herbs in a medium dice and mix with the anchovies garlic and capers.
- Add the olive to reach a loose but not runny or oily consistency.
- You may use this sauce as a salad dressing or to drizzle over meat, fish or vegetables.