Scallop Avocado and Walnut Salad
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling over salad
- 1 tbs lemon juice,plus extra for drizzling on salad and avocados
- 2 avocados, cut into lenthwise slices
- 4 large handfuls of mixed salad greens
- 1 cup of walnuts
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Hot charcoal grilled scallops along with tender greens and avocado slices are accented with crunchy walnuts.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice and marinate scallops for 10 minutes.
- Place scallops on pesoaked bamboo skewers in a paralel manner.
- Place scallops of hot coals and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile open an slice avocados and squeexze some lemon juice over then to prevent them from browning.
- Place greens on a large platter and place scallops in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Artfully place the avocado slices around the platter.
- Sprinkle walnuts over platter.