Scallop Avocado and Walnut Salad
|1 lb sea scallops|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling over salad|
|1 tbs lemon juice,plus extra for drizzling on salad and avocados|
|2 avocados, cut into lenthwise slices|
|4 large handfuls of mixed salad greens|
|1 cup of walnuts|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Hot charcoal grilled scallops along with tender greens and avocado slices are accented with crunchy walnuts.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice and marinate scallops for 10 minutes.
- Place scallops on pesoaked bamboo skewers in a paralel manner.
- Place scallops of hot coals and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile open an slice avocados and squeexze some lemon juice over then to prevent them from browning.
- Place greens on a large platter and place scallops in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Artfully place the avocado slices around the platter.
- Sprinkle walnuts over platter.