Teriyaki Garlic Tuna
|4 sushi quality tuna steaks 6 to 8 oz each|
|3 cloves garlic minced|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, crushed|
|1 tsp lime juice|
|1/2 tsp sesame oil|
|1/4 cup dry sherry|
|1 and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbs onion, minced|
|parsley chopped for garnish|
This is a delicious preparation for tuna with our version of a homemade Teriyaki sauce which is made with soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, sesame oil, dry sherry and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan, except for the tuna steaks.
- Bring ingredients to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain sauce and chill.
- Place tuna steaks in a shallow non reactive pan and cover them with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain tuna steaks and place on a broiler pan and broil 6 inches from heat, turning half way through cooking for about 8 minutes total cooking time.
- You may alternatively cook the tuna steaks over hot charcoal.