- 4 sushi quality tuna steaks 6 to 8 oz each
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs onion, minced
- parsley chopped for garnish
This is a delicious preparation for tuna with our version of a homemade Teriyaki sauce which is made with soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, sesame oil, dry sherry and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan, except for the tuna steaks.
- Bring ingredients to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain sauce and chill.
- Place tuna steaks in a shallow non reactive pan and cover them with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain tuna steaks and place on a broiler pan and broil 6 inches from heat, turning half way through cooking for about 8 minutes total cooking time.
- You may alternatively cook the tuna steaks over hot charcoal.