Tomato and Shrimp Scampi
|1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|3-4 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 (12 oz) can of crushed tomatoes|
|2 tsp oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|1 lb of Linguine|
Here is a version that you can serve over rice or pasta. This scampi is flavored with garlic, crushed tomatoes, oregano and white wine.
- In a saute pan heat the olive oil using medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until lightly golden, then remove from the pan.
- Add the shrimp and crushed tomatoes and oregano to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add the white wine.
- Meanwhile cook the linguine according the package directions.
- Continue to cook until the shrimp are pink and some of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over linguine.