Warmed Spiced Olives
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 fresh rosemary springs
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 lb good quality mixed olives
If you love olives, this recipe is for you. Use olives that are unpitted because their flavor is usually superior. Also it is key to use olives of different sizes and shapes and colors. Many grocery stores have olive bars but this is the best source for great tasting olives.
- Gently heat the olive oil, garlic, orange, coriander seeds and fennel seeds in an sauce pan over low heat for 3 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Add the olives, toss gently to coat, then cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through.
- Serve warm as an appetizer.