Asian Beef and and Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles
- 1 lb top round steak
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups celery, sliced on a bias
- 2 cups red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced thin with leaves
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 serrano or Thai peppers, minced (optional)
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs corn starch
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
I love authentic Asian food. We wrote this recipe as a combination of Chinese and Thai. It is full of crispy vegetables. It is so much better than that stuff that you get in the typical Chinese carry out. We have learned a great lesson when going to Chinese or other Asian restaurants. It’s simply this. If there is any American food on the menu go to another restaurant. One of the main differences in this dish is that it is served over buttery fettuccine noodles.
- In a large pan with salted boiling water add the fettuccine noodles and cook according to package directions.
- To a very hot wok or saute pan add 1 tbs of oil, then add the sliced round steak and stir fry until browned.
- Remove beef from pan.
- Add another tbs of oil to the pan and add the onions, garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the celery bell peppers, broccoli, bok choy and hot peppers, stir fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the corn starch to the water and mix until dissolved.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and hoisin sauce to the pan, then add the corn starch mixture.
- Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve in bowls with the noodles.