Spicy Sweet French Toast
- 1 loaf of French bread cut into 1 and 1/2 inch slices
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- dash ground cloves
- dash of kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbs butter
- Maple syrup for serving
This French toast is crispy and mouthwatering on the outside and warm and soft on the inside. We use French baguette’s instead of regular bread as pictured, after all it’s “French Toast”.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a wide shallow bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, spices, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Soak both sides of bread slices in the egg mixture and place in the saute pan.
- Cook each side until golden, turning once. About 3 minutes.
- Serve with butter and syrup.