Baked Pears with Vanilla Yogurt & Granola
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|6 medium pears, cored and pared|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1 cup apple juice|
|1 cup water|
|3 containers of vanilla yogurt|
|1 cup granola|
Baked pears are absolutely delicious, as well as super simple to prepare.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise and remove core with a melon baller or small spoon.
- Place pears, cut side down, in a large shallow baking dish.
- Pour apple juice and water over pears, drizzle with honey.
- Cover pan loosely with foil and bake about 35 minutes or until tender.
- While pears are baking, place granola on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- When pears are done, pour baking liquid into a small saucepan and reduce over medium heat until about 1/2 cup of the syrup remains. Set aside to cool.
- Line a wire mesh sieve with paper towels or better yet some cheese cloth and place over a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and allow to drain for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This will drain a good deal of the water from the yogurt and make richer and thicker.
- To serve place some of the yogurt in individual serving bowls, place a pear atop the add more yogurt to the center of the pears.
- Sprinkle with granola.