Black-Eye Pea Salad
- 2 15 oz cans of black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- 2/3 cup red, orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tbs capers, left whole
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a southern favorite salad that uses black-eyed peas, crisp vegetables and savory flavors.
- Place all ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally to marry flavors.