Blueberry Spinach Summer Salad
|2 bunches of fresh spinach, stems removed|
|1 red medium red onion thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup walnuts, toasted or raw (to toast put in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees)|
|1 cup fresh blueberries|
|1/4 lb of feta cheese|
|1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|Juice from 1 lemon|
|Zest from 1 lemon|
|1 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
The combination of blueberries and spinach is something special. Surprise yourself and try something new.
- Divide spinach among four plates.
- Top evenly with onion slices, nuts, berries and feta.
- Drizzle generously with oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The dressing is great for dipping.