Blueberry Spinach Summer Salad
- 2 bunches of fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 red medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted or raw (to toast put in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 lb of feta cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
The combination of blueberries and spinach is something special. Surprise yourself and try something new.
- Divide spinach among four plates.
- Top evenly with onion slices, nuts, berries and feta.
- Drizzle generously with oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The dressing is great for dipping.