Brazilian Shrimp Pie
|2 medium pie pastry crusts Food So Good Mall Pie Pastry|
|1 pound of shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 medium onion chopped|
|1 can hearts of palm, drained|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 cup milk|
|1 can tomato paste|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|Tabasco sauce to taste|
|2 eggs beaten, for egg wash|
Brazilian food covers a wide range of cooking styles and flavors. This recipe is from Brazilian Cookery by Margarette De Andrade. Available in our Amazon store.
- Saute onions and parsley for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and palm hearts.
- Mix flour well with milk and pour over shrimp.
- Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie crust and cover the the other pie crust. Brush with egg wash.
- Vent and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.