- 2 medium pie pastry crusts Food So Good Mall Pie Pastry
- 1 pound of shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can hearts of palm, drained
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 2 eggs beaten, for egg wash
Brazilian food covers a wide range of cooking styles and flavors. This recipe is from Brazilian Cookery by Margarette De Andrade. Available in our Amazon store.
- Saute onions and parsley for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and palm hearts.
- Mix flour well with milk and pour over shrimp.
- Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie crust and cover the the other pie crust. Brush with egg wash.
- Vent and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.