Chilled Carrot and Fennel Soup with Mint
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 1b carrots, chopped thinly|
|Small bunch mint leaves, chopped|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|Fennel fronds and or parsley for garnish|
|3/4 chopped onions|
This is a refreshing healthy soup that is perfect for spring and summer It has a wonderful savory, buttery and sweet flavor.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan using medium heat.
- Add the onions, fennel seeds and saute until onions are soft and slightly brown. about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and broth, increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped mint
- Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, then add soup to blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate soup for several hours until throughly cooled.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.