Chilled Carrot and Fennel Soup with Mint
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 1b carrots, chopped thinly
- Small bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Fennel fronds and or parsley for garnish
- 3/4 chopped onions
This is a refreshing healthy soup that is perfect for spring and summer It has a wonderful savory, buttery and sweet flavor.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan using medium heat.
- Add the onions, fennel seeds and saute until onions are soft and slightly brown. about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and broth, increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped mint
- Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, then add soup to blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate soup for several hours until throughly cooled.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.