Batter Fried Jalapeno Poppers with Avocado Salsa
|2 cups sliced jalapenos|
|1 cup beer|
|1 cup all purpose flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|Canola oil for frying|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|Fresh cracked black pepper|
This is wonderful appetizer with a light crispy batter. If you really want to jazz them up you may stuff the Jalapenos with cheese. Makes 15 poppers.
- 2 chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 lb of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbs of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted and chopped into small pieces
- juice from 1 lime
- To make the salsa gently mix the avocado with the tomatoes, garlic and onions.
- Squeeze the lime juice over.
- Stir in the oregano and parsley.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil.
- Stir in the feta cheese. Cover the salsa and chill for several hours.
- For the batter combine the salt, pepper, flour, beer, eggs, garlic powder and chili powder in a bowl and mix well.
- For the Jalapenos heat the oil to 365 degrees in a large sauce pan or deep fryer.
- Dip the jalapenos in the batter and then transfer them to the hot oil.
- When they float they are done.
- Serve them along with the salsa for dipping.