Bruschetta with Sour Cream and Olives
- 1 French baguette, sliced into about 12 1 inch slices
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olive
- 1 tbs of chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped, white and green parts
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Mexican crema Food So Good Mall Crema Recipe
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 1 small bunch of basil leaves chopped
- 1 and 1/4 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
This recipe is not authentic Mexican but uses flavors that are widely used in Mexico.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub olive on both sides of the bread and arrange the slices on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the top of the bread and bake it until the cheese is melted.
- Arrange the bread on a serving platter and spoon the salsa over it.
- Sprinkle the bread with, green onions, black and green olives, basil and the rest of the cheese.
- Place a small spoon full of the sour cream or crema over the top and serve.