Cheese Stuffed Chilies
- 10 large jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup of jack cheese
- 1 small can of green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut chilies in half, leaving the stem, remove veins and seeds
- In a small bowl mix the cheese, green chilies and garlic.
- Place the peppers on a grill, skin side down and roast for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the peppers and place them in a heat proof pan and put back on the grill for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.