- 2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled and deveined, leave tails on.
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, leaves only
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced. If you like it spicy leave the seeds in.
- 2 tbs of orange flavored liqueur, such a triple sec, Gran Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 tbs lime juice
These are wonderful shrimp with the wonderful flavors of a margarita. Tequila, lime and triple sec. It’s an extra bonus when you grill them over charcoal.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp, in a medium bowl.
- Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes. No longer or the shrimp will cook.
- Soak some wooden skewers in water while shrimp are marinating.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill over hot charcoal for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from grill and serve.