Grilled Margarita Shrimp
|2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled and deveined, leave tails on.|
|1/4 cup tequila|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, leaves only|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 jalapeño, seeded and minced. If you like it spicy leave the seeds in.|
|2 tbs of orange flavored liqueur, such a triple sec, Gran Marnier or Cointreau|
|2 tbs lime juice|
These are wonderful shrimp with the wonderful flavors of a margarita. Tequila, lime and triple sec. It’s an extra bonus when you grill them over charcoal.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp, in a medium bowl.
- Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes. No longer or the shrimp will cook.
- Soak some wooden skewers in water while shrimp are marinating.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill over hot charcoal for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from grill and serve.