Hanger Steak with Tequila Marinade
|1 (2 lb) hanger steak|
|juice of 2 limes|
|zest of 2 limes|
|1/2 cup tequila|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1 tbs chili powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
Hanger steak is a wonderful cut of meat. The marinade of tequila and lime juice make is something really special. You may serve this meat as is or slice and use for tacos.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the zest and lime juice the tequila, olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Add the meat to the marinade, toss to coat and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the steak over hot charcoal for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Less if you like you meat more rare.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute.
- Slice the steak against the grain and place in tortillas and top with salsa and cilantro.