|1/2 lb of halibut, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|3/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|1 small red onion diced|
|1 avocado, diced into 1/2 half inch pieces|
|2 tomatoes seeded and diced|
|2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped (if you like it really spicy use Serrano peppers)|
|1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped|
|1 tbs of oregano|
|1/2 cup black olives, chopped|
|1/2 cup fresh orange juice|
|1/2 cup tomato juice|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 lb shrimp peeled and devined|
Ceviche is quite common in Latin America, with each country providing their own twist. This is a version that you are likely to find in Mexico.
- Add all ingredients to a non reactive glass bowl. mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and pour juice through a strainer and reserve.
- Cover and refrigerate Ceviche and juice in separate containers for another hour.
- Serve Ceviche in martini glasses or an other attractive dish.
- The juice is called leche de Tigre or milk of the tiger. You may serve the juice in shot glasses, garnished with some of the vegetables from the Ceviche.