- 1/2 lb of halibut, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 avocado, diced into 1/2 half inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped (if you like it really spicy use Serrano peppers)
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs of oregano
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb shrimp peeled and devined
Ceviche is quite common in Latin America, with each country providing their own twist. This is a version that you are likely to find in Mexico.
- Add all ingredients to a non reactive glass bowl. mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and pour juice through a strainer and reserve.
- Cover and refrigerate Ceviche and juice in separate containers for another hour.
- Serve Ceviche in martini glasses or an other attractive dish.
- The juice is called leche de Tigre or milk of the tiger. You may serve the juice in shot glasses, garnished with some of the vegetables from the Ceviche.