- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1lb of round or flank steak, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
- Mexican creama, sour cream and or guacamole to serve Food So Good Mall Crema Recipe
This is a wonderful way to use flank or round steak with a Mexican twist.
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Marinate the steak for at least 30 minutes.
- Soften the tortillas in a large saute pan. Wrap in foil and set aside to keep warm.
- In a large saute pan add the steak and cook using medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and stir constantly.
- Remove from the pan and add some of the mixture to each tortilla.
- Top with some crema, guacamole and cheese