Cuban Creole Chicken
|3 tbs olive oil|
|4 boneless skinless chicken breast, large dice or any chicken of your choice|
|2 large onions, diced|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|4 Serrano peppers, chopped|
|4 large tomatoes chopped|
|2 tsp oregano|
|1 tsp soy sauce|
|4 cups water|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1 can kidney beans drained|
|4 large potatoes diced|
|4 tbs cornstarch, blended with water to make a slurry|
Many of the Creole flavors in Cuba have African roots. This recipe is a perfect example of how two cuisines have merged.
- Saute chicken, onion, garlic, chillies, tomatoes, oregano and soy sauce for 10 minutes in olive oil.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Add kidney beans and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer for another 45 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the cornstarch and water slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with rice and black beans.