Indian Chicken Tika
|1 lb chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 tsp salt|
|1/2 lemon juice|
|1/2 tsp red food coloring|
|1 tbs tomato paste|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced 1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced|
|2 tsp coriander|
|1/2 tsp Garam Masala|
|1/2 tsp nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp turmeric|
|2/3 cup plain yogurt|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/2 tsp chili powder|
This is a classic Indian recipe that uses many savory spices and is relatively mild. This recipe comes from The Classic Indian Cookbook which is available in our Amazon store.
- Marinate the chicken in salt and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and mix until smooth.
- Place chicken in a container with a tight fitting lid and pour marinade over.
- Marinade overnight, turning chicken occasionally.
- Place chicken on pre soaked bamboo skewers and roast over hot charcoal or you may cook in the oven for about 8 minutes at 450 degrees, then rotate and brush with some additional marinade and cook for another 8 minutes.