Indian Chicken Tika
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced 1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
This is a classic Indian recipe that uses many savory spices and is relatively mild. This recipe comes from The Classic Indian Cookbook which is available in our Amazon store.
- Marinate the chicken in salt and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and mix until smooth.
- Place chicken in a container with a tight fitting lid and pour marinade over.
- Marinade overnight, turning chicken occasionally.
- Place chicken on pre soaked bamboo skewers and roast over hot charcoal or you may cook in the oven for about 8 minutes at 450 degrees, then rotate and brush with some additional marinade and cook for another 8 minutes.