Japanese Soba Noodles with Scallions
|1 lb of Soba noodles|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1 tbs seaweed (available at Asian markets)|
|1/2 inch ginger root, minced|
|1/3 cup sake|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|1 tbs sugar|
|8 scallions, minced. White and green parts|
Soba noodles are a Japanese staple. This is a super simple recipe that will help introduce you to Japanese cooking. This recipe is adapted from Kitchen Witch’s Cookbook. Available in our Amazon Store.
- Cool noodles according to package directions.
- Wrap ginger and seaweed in a cheese package or tea ball.
- In a large sauce pan bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add the tea ball or cheese cloth package.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in Sake, sugar and soy sauce.
- Remove tea ball and make sure sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange noodles on plates and garnish with scallions.
- Sauce may be used for dipping noodles.
- May be served hot or cold.