Kentucky Benedictine Spread
- 1/2 lb of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs sour cream or Creme Fraiche Food So Good Mall Creme Fraiche Recipe
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 tbs grated onion
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Dash of green food coloring
This spread is a Louisville favorite and will surely be served and Derby parties all over the city. It was made popular at Louisville’s Benedict’s restaurant. The recipe uses a dash of green food coloring, designed to mimic the color of Kentucky’s famous blue grass.
- Peel cucumber and remove seeds. Chop into small pieces.Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Can be spread on crackers or used as a sandwich spread.