Kentucky Burgoo Stew
- 2 lb of mixed cooked meat, chicken, pork , lamb and beef
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 5 cups of beef stock
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen Lima Beans
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh okra
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
There are many versions of the Kentucky favorite. It is a very hearty stew. Feel free to experiment with some of your own ideas. You may also use rabbit in this dish.
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 2 hours. Skim the top if necessary.
- Serve over rice or serve alone.