- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- 2 and 1/2 ounces of good bourbon whiskey
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp water
- powdered sugar for rimming the glass
With the annual running for the roses at Church hill downs you can be sure that massive amounts of mint julep’s will be consumed. This is the proper way to prepare them.
- Rim the glass in powdered sugar.
- Muddle mint leaves sugar and water in a tall glass.
- Fill the glass with shaved or crushed ice.
- Add the bourbon, and top with more ice.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Serve with a straw.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.