Kentucky Thoroughbred Pie
|1 pre made pie crust or graham cracker crust (or you may make your crust from scratch)|
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips|
|1 and 1/2 cup chopped pecans|
|3 tbs bourbon|
This is quick of a Kentucky thoroughbred pie. It marries the flavors of bourbon, chocolate and pecans. Super simple to make.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you are using home crust, blind bake it for 10 minutes, then remove and cool.
- If you are using a store brought crust this step should not be necessary, but follow the directions on the package.
- Beat the eggs with the softened butter.
- Slowly and the sugar and flour and beat while adding.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and bourbon.
- Add the mixture to the pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.