Kentucky Thoroughbred Pie
- 1 pre made pie crust or graham cracker crust (or you may make your crust from scratch)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbs bourbon
This is quick of a Kentucky thoroughbred pie. It marries the flavors of bourbon, chocolate and pecans. Super simple to make.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you are using home crust, blind bake it for 10 minutes, then remove and cool.
- If you are using a store brought crust this step should not be necessary, but follow the directions on the package.
- Beat the eggs with the softened butter.
- Slowly and the sugar and flour and beat while adding.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and bourbon.
- Add the mixture to the pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.