Lemon Kissed Cupcakes
- 1 (9 oz) package of yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs sugar
This is a easy way using pre packaged cake mix to make some great cupcakes full of lemon flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper bake cups.
- Combine cake mix, egg and about a half of the water and 2 tbs of the lemon juice.
- Beat with a electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining water and beat for 2 minutes longer.
- Divide the batter among prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- While cup cakes are baking, combine sugar an remaining 2 tbs of lemon juice in a small sauce pan.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush warm mixture over tops of cupcakes and cool completely.