Sweet and Tangy Grilled Flank Steak
|2 lbs flank steak|
|3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice|
|1/3 cup lime juice|
|4 cloves garlic crushed|
|1/4 cup of steak sauce (A-1 works great)|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Lime and pineapple juice transform your favorite steak sauce into a lively delicious marinade. Once the steak is marinated this dish may be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- Score meat by making shallow diagonal cuts on one side at 1 inch intervals in a diamond pattern.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Place meat in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- Combine the pineapple juice, lime juice, garlic and steak sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour over meat and seal bag removing as much air as possible.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 to 24 hours.
- Drain meat and discard marinade.
- Grill meat on a rack of a uncovered grill directly over medium hot coals until desired doneness is achieved. Turning once. About 8 minutes for medium rare, 12 minutes for medium. Do not cook any longer.
- Remove meat from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, pineapple and tomatoes.
- To serve slice meat across the grain.