Mexican Shrimp Salad
|2 lbs medium shell on shrimp|
|1 tbs Rex crab boil or old bay|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/3 cup plain yogurt, Mexican crema or creme Fraiche Food So Good Mall Creme Fraiche Recipe|
|2 tsp horseradish|
|1 small bunch of scallions, sliced|
|2 tbs chili sauce|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp lime zest|
|juice from 1 lime|
|1 tbs chopped cilantro|
This is a flavorful shrimp salad with spicy Mexican flavors. Super simple to make.
- In a large sauce pan with boiling water add the crab boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the shrimp shell on and cook until they start to turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from water and add to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- In a large bowl add the mayonnaise, yogurt, horseradish, chili sauce, chili powder, lime zest and juice and cilantro and mix well.
- Shell and devein the shrimp and add to the dressing along with the scallions.
- Gently mix well.
- Refrigerate covered for about 1 hour, then serve.