Mexican Shrimp Salad
- 2 lbs medium shell on shrimp
- 1 tbs Rex crab boil or old bay
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt, Mexican crema or creme Fraiche Food So Good Mall Creme Fraiche Recipe
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1 small bunch of scallions, sliced
- 2 tbs chili sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp lime zest
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro
This is a flavorful shrimp salad with spicy Mexican flavors. Super simple to make.
- In a large sauce pan with boiling water add the crab boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the shrimp shell on and cook until they start to turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from water and add to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- In a large bowl add the mayonnaise, yogurt, horseradish, chili sauce, chili powder, lime zest and juice and cilantro and mix well.
- Shell and devein the shrimp and add to the dressing along with the scallions.
- Gently mix well.
- Refrigerate covered for about 1 hour, then serve.