Oven Fried Chicken
|Seasoned bread crumbs|
|1 frying chicken cut into 8 pieces (2 wings, 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drum sticks, reserve the back for stock)|
|1/2 cup evaporated milk|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
We all love fried chicken, but for obvious reasons we shouldn’t eat it too often. This is a version that is healthier and just as flavorful.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces.
- Season chicken pieces all over with salt and pepper and rub in well.
- Dip chicken in bread crumbs and cover each piece throughly, then dip into the milk.
- Dip into the bread crumbs again and press in crumbs to cover all sides.
- Add 2 cups of oil to a baking pan and bring up to heat.
- Carefully arrange chicken skin side up, on a greased baking sheet, making sure pieces do not touch.
- Drizzle chicken with a little oil.
- Cook chicken for about 40 minutes, turning it over halfway through cooking.
- Remove chicken when it is golden brown all over.