Ginger Pear Crumble
|1 and 1/2 cups fine ginger snap crumbs|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1/4 cup melted butter|
|3 fresh pears, halved, pared and cored or you may use 1 1lb can of canned pears halves, drained|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
This recipe is just like grandma used to make. When you make this dish the smells coming from the kitchen are quite intoxicating.
- Combine the ginger snap crumbs, brown sugar, salt and butter.
- Place half of the mixture in the bottom of a buttered baking dish.
- Top with pear halves, cut side up.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and remaining crumbs.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 or 30 minutes or until the pears are tender and top is crisp.
- Place a maraschino cherry into each pear half.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.