Ginger Pear Crumble
- 1 and 1/2 cups fine ginger snap crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 fresh pears, halved, pared and cored or you may use 1 1lb can of canned pears halves, drained
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Maraschino cherries
This recipe is just like grandma used to make. When you make this dish the smells coming from the kitchen are quite intoxicating.
- Combine the ginger snap crumbs, brown sugar, salt and butter.
- Place half of the mixture in the bottom of a buttered baking dish.
- Top with pear halves, cut side up.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and remaining crumbs.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 or 30 minutes or until the pears are tender and top is crisp.
- Place a maraschino cherry into each pear half.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.