Pork Fried Rice
|1/2 lb pork, in 1 inch cubes|
|1/4 cup unsweetened Pineapple juice|
|1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger|
|hot sauce to taste|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 small red bell pepper, chopped|
|1 cup of green peas|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|3 cups cooked rice (cold)|
|1 large egg|
This is a quick and easy version of this Chinese favorite. This recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker’s International Cookbook and is available in our Amazon store.
- Marinate pork in pineapple juice, ginger, pepper sauce and garlic.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove pork from marinade.
- Saute pork in a hot wok or saute pan in tbs of canola oil until slightly brown.
- Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook until the onion turns slightly translucent.
- Add the peas.
- Add the soy sauce sauce and the rice and stir constantly. about 2 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the rice and add the egg and beat with a whisk.
- Once egg is cooked mix well with rice and serve.