Maryland Crab Cakes
|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs (Process some white bread slices in a food processor)|
|2 eggs beaten|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Fine cracker crumbs for dusting (optional)|
|1 stick of unsalted butter|
|1 tbs old bay seasoning|
|1 tbs dijon mustard|
There is nothing more that says Maryland than Crab cakes. This is the traditional way to prepare Maryland crab cakes.
- Combine all ingredients except for the fine cracker crumbs and butter in a large bowl.
- Gently mix well, being careful not to break up the lumps.
- Form for equal sized crab cakes and place them in the cracker meal to form a crust.
- Place crab cakes on a platter, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan and saute the crab cakes until golden brown on both sides.