Pureed Chick Pea Soup
- 4 cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic,minced
- juice of 2 lemon
- 2 tsps cumin
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 cups beef or chicken stock (use our search engine for recipe or use canned)
This is a very healthy soup that is rich with the flavors of lemon and parsley.
- Puree the chickpeas and parsley,onion and garlic in a blender
- In a large sauce pan add the chickpea mixture, lemon juice, cumin,salt and pepper and beef stock.
- Stir to mix well using low heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.