Shrimp with Butter and Garlic-Gambas Ajuillo
|4 tbs of extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs butter|
|6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 lb of large shrimp|
|1 dried chili pepper(or 2 tbs of crushed dried chili flakes)|
|1 tsp brandy|
|1 tsp parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt to taste|
This is a super savory Spanish appetizer. This recipe was developed by the great chef Jose Andres.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter using medium high heat.
- Saute the garlic until slightly golden. Take care not to burn.
- Add the shrimp along with the chili pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp over and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the brandy and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle in the parsley.