Shrimp with Butter and Garlic-Gambas Ajuillo
- 4 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb of large shrimp
- 1 dried chili pepper(or 2 tbs of crushed dried chili flakes)
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- kosher salt to taste
This is a super savory Spanish appetizer. This recipe was developed by the great chef Jose Andres.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter using medium high heat.
- Saute the garlic until slightly golden. Take care not to burn.
- Add the shrimp along with the chili pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp over and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the brandy and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle in the parsley.