Stir Fried Spinach with Garlic Mushrooms and Almonds
|2 bunches of fresh spinach|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbs butter|
|1/2 cup almonds, slivered|
|1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
This is super simple healthy side dish.
- Wash spinach, trim and discard stems and pat leaves dry.
- In a saute pan toast the almonds for several minutes. Take care not to burn.
- Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- Raise the heat to medium high and add the butter.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and continue to stir fry just until spinach begins to wilt.
- Add the almonds and season with salt and pepper.