Stir Fried Spinach with Garlic Mushrooms and Almonds
- 2 bunches of fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
This is super simple healthy side dish.
- Wash spinach, trim and discard stems and pat leaves dry.
- In a saute pan toast the almonds for several minutes. Take care not to burn.
- Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- Raise the heat to medium high and add the butter.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and continue to stir fry just until spinach begins to wilt.
- Add the almonds and season with salt and pepper.