Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 lb rhubarb stalks
- 2 tbs water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
If you have never tried Rhubarb, do yourself a favor and give it a try. It can be extremely tart so sugar evens it out and develops a super taste sensation. This is a recipe that will surely make you a rhubarb lover.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add oil and stir with a fork until the mixture form crumbs. Set aside.
- Slice rhubarb into 1/2 inch slices and place in a medium saute pan with 2 tbs of water.
- Cook over medium heat just until rhubarb begins to soften and remove from heat.
- Combine white sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg and add to the rhubarb.
- Gently mix in the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Place baking dish onto a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes until bubbly.