Sweet Pea Puree
- 1/2 lb of fresh peas (available at you local farmers market)
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced fine
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- dash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish
Now that spring is here that means fresh peas. This recipe is a puree of fresh peas that is delicious spread on to crusty bread or crackers. Add a little creme fraiche and a few chives and you have a delicious ca-nape that can serve a crowd with a minimum of effort.
- Add peas to boiling water for 2 minutes. Once done add them to a ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve on crusty bread or crackers.
- You may garnish with creme fraiche if desired Food So Good Creme Fraiche