Turkey Sausage Stew
|1/4 lb of turkey sausage links, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup zucchini, cubed|
|1 cup celery, chopped|
|1 onion, chopped|
|2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped, juice reserved|
|1 tsp fennel seed, crushed|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs canola oil|
This is super simple, quick version of a delicious stew. Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and saute the onion, garlic, celery and zucchini and fennel, for about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove sausage from casing and crumble into the sauce pan.
- Cook for 1 minute until sausage turns slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes with liquid and parsley.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat. and simmer for 15 minutes.