Roasted Beef Sirloin with Chasseur Sauce
|1 (4 lb) prime sirloin strip roast, cleaned of fat and cut in half lengthwise|
|4 tbs butter|
|2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced (you may use button mushrooms)|
|6 shallots minced|
|12 oz's red Merlot wine|
|6 tbs brandy|
|4 cups veal demi-glaze (or use reduced beef stock)|
|2 cups tomatoes , diced|
|1 tbs chopped parsley|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|olive oil for coating|
This delicious sirloin strip roast is topped by a rich hunter-style sauce and complemented by the full fruit and dark silky finish of Merlot wine.
- Coat the meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast the meat on a rack for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees, for medium rare.
- For the sauce melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add the shallots and mushrooms.
- Saute until butter is absorbed.
- Add the red wine and bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer and reduce sauce for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Add brandy and flame.
- Add the veal demi -glaze and bring to a light simmer.
- Add the parsley and tomatoes to finish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over steak to serve.