|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( about 1 and 1/2 lbs) cut into strips|
|1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes|
|1 cup chili sauce|
|1 large green pepper, sliced|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1/4 cup onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1 tsp dried parsley|
|1/4 tsp red pepper flakes|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|canola oil for coating|
Here is a recipe that all of you busy moms can throw together in about 20 minutes start to finish.
- Wash chicken and cut into 1 inch strips.
- Meanwhile cook 1 cup of white rice according to package directions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat and add a little canola oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add all the other ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.