- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( about 1 and 1/2 lbs) cut into strips
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- canola oil for coating
Here is a recipe that all of you busy moms can throw together in about 20 minutes start to finish.
- Wash chicken and cut into 1 inch strips.
- Meanwhile cook 1 cup of white rice according to package directions.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat and add a little canola oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add all the other ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.