The Apple Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of Wisconsin Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 slices of Wisconsin Havarti cheese
- 2 slices of honey or ham of your choice
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- 2 (5-inch) pieces of French Baguette, halved legnthwise
- 1/4 stick of butter, softened
This recipe is a sweet and spicy treat for the taste buds uses Wisconsin Pepper Jack and Havarti cheeses along with sliced apples and ham on French bread. Makes 2 sandwiches. Recipe is adapted, courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese and Jeff Szpak.
- For each sandwich butter the bread on each side (outside) and layer the jack cheese, ham the apples, then add the Havarti.
- Place sandwich on a hot grill of hot saute pan the press down slightly. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted.
- If you place a cover on the pan it will help the cheese to melt faster.
- Recipe may be doubled.