Beef Teriyaki Appetizers
|1 lb of sirloin steak, trimmed of fat|
|2 tsp ground ginger|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 tbs sugar|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|3 tbs water|
|1 tbs red wine|
These Japanese inspired appetizers great for a pass around at a gathering.
- Cut steak into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine all other ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Add the steak and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Heat oven broiler.
- Arrange steak cubes on a baking sheet and place under broiler for about 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Place the reserved marinade in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove steak from broiler and spear each cube with a toothpick.
- Place cubes on a serving dish and pour the hot marinade over the meat.
- Note: you may also cook the meat over charcoal if desired.