Beef Teriyaki Appetizers
- 1 lb of sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tbs sugar
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tbs red wine
These Japanese inspired appetizers great for a pass around at a gathering.
- Cut steak into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine all other ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Add the steak and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Heat oven broiler.
- Arrange steak cubes on a baking sheet and place under broiler for about 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Place the reserved marinade in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove steak from broiler and spear each cube with a toothpick.
- Place cubes on a serving dish and pour the hot marinade over the meat.
- Note: you may also cook the meat over charcoal if desired.