The Best Meat Loaf Ever
|2 lbs ground chuck|
|1 lb sweet Italian sausage|
|1/2 cup onions, minced|
|1/2 cup celery minced|
|1/2 stick unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3 eggs beaten|
|1/2 cup bread crumb|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|2 tbs ketchup|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 cup of beef broth|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Meat loaf is an all time family favorite. This version uses both ground chuck and sweet Italian sausage along with aromatic vegetables and a flavorful stock which makes it very juicy and satisfying.
- In a saute pan add the butter and the olive oil.
- Using medium heat saute the celery and onions until soft. Set aside and cool.
- In a large bowl add the ground chuck.
- Remove the casings from the sausage and add to the chuck.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly, but take care not to over mix.
- Add the mixture to a loaf pan cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the pan.