The Best Meat Loaf Ever
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 1/2 cup celery minced
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumb
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Meat loaf is an all time family favorite. This version uses both ground chuck and sweet Italian sausage along with aromatic vegetables and a flavorful stock which makes it very juicy and satisfying.
- In a saute pan add the butter and the olive oil.
- Using medium heat saute the celery and onions until soft. Set aside and cool.
- In a large bowl add the ground chuck.
- Remove the casings from the sausage and add to the chuck.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly, but take care not to over mix.
- Add the mixture to a loaf pan cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the pan.