Blue Cheese Croquettes
This is a perfect party appetizer that will be sure to keep your guests happy.
- 1 lb of baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of blue cheese crumbled
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- flour for coating
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- Canola oil for deep frying
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl along with the hard boiled eggs, blue cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mash the mixture together, and mix well
- Place the potato mixture covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove mixture from the refrigerator and with wet hands shape the mixture into slightly oblong sized croquettes. (about 1 inch long)
- In three different bowls add the flour, beaten egg, and bread crumbs.
- Dip the croquettes first in the flour, eggs then the breadcrumbs and set the breaded crumbs on a baking sheet.
- Chill the croquet’s for 30 minutes more then deep fry in batches using 350 degree oil.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve hot.