Brazilian Coconut Pie with Tropical Fruits
|9 inch pie shell|
|2 cups milk|
|4 medium eggs|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1/2 tsp vanilla|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/2 cup grated coconut|
|1 mango sliced|
|1 Papaya sliced|
|1 guava sliced|
This is delicious dessert that is an authentic Brazilian recipe adapted from Hot and Spicy Latin Dishes by Dave Dewitt which is availble in our amazon book store.
- Chill pie shell for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scald the milk in a double boiler until bubbles form around the outer edges of the pan.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add the sugar, salt, vanilla, butter and grated coconut.
- Stir in the scalded milk and transfer to the pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the custard sets.
- Remove from the heat and let cool, cover and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Decorate the top of the pie artfully with the fruit slices.