Brazilian Coconut Pie with Tropical Fruits
- 9 inch pie shell
- 2 cups milk
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 mango sliced
- 1 Papaya sliced
- 1 guava sliced
This is delicious dessert that is an authentic Brazilian recipe adapted from Hot and Spicy Latin Dishes by Dave Dewitt which is availble in our amazon book store.
- Chill pie shell for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scald the milk in a double boiler until bubbles form around the outer edges of the pan.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add the sugar, salt, vanilla, butter and grated coconut.
- Stir in the scalded milk and transfer to the pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the custard sets.
- Remove from the heat and let cool, cover and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Decorate the top of the pie artfully with the fruit slices.