- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 2 tbs light cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- butter for frying
Blintzes are a favorite Jewish ethnic food which are basically thin pancakes that are prepared with many different fillings. They are similar to crepes but are easier to make.
- Put 1 egg, 1/2 tsp salt, water and flour into a blender container, cover and mix until smooth.
- Pour t tbs of batter onto hot griddle, using low heat fry on one side only, till lightly brown.
- Remove each pancake onto a clean cloth, cooked side up. Cool.
- Stir 1 cup of the cottage cheese and the remaining egg and butter together.
- Spread a little on each pancake, fold over from both sides, roll loosely.
- Saute in hot butter.
- Put the cream, remaining cottage cheese and salt into a blender container.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spoon onto hot blintzes and serve warm.
- Serves 4.