Chinese Beef or Chicken Lo Mein
|1/2 lb Lo Mein noodles|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|2 tbs peanut oil|
|1/2 lb flank steak, cut into strips or 1/2 lb shrimp|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 cups bean sprouts|
|1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced into strips|
|1/2 cup savoy cabbage, shredded|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tbs miso|
|1 tsp sugar|
|Chili puree with garlic (available in Asian markets)|
|Optional..when you are using shrimp you can also add in squid or clams|
Much better than carry out. Full of Asian flavors.This is the real thing. Super simple.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Toss noodles with sesame oil.
- Saute beef in peanut until brown and not quite crispy. About 5 minutes.
- Remove beef and add garlic and vegetables.
- Stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, miso and sugar.
- Stir fry for 1 minute more then add beef