- 4 cups fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- small bunch of Italian parsley (about 10 sprigs)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
This recipe is for authentic Italian pesto. This sauce can be prepared in bulk and it freezes really well. Makes 4 cups. Recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve over pasta or use as a dip.