Cold Cucumber and Watercress Soup
|2 large cucumbers|
|1 large bunch of watercress. About 2 cups|
|2 tbs of cooked rice|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|4 cups chicken or vegetable broth. Canned or homemade|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|Chopped cucumber and watercress sprigs for garnish|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is super refreshing cold summer soup. Cucumbers and watercress were made for each other.
- Wash and peel the cucumbers. Cut each cucumber in half, lengthwise and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Cut cucumbers into small pieces.
- Clean, dry and chop watercress.
- Chop onion into a small dice.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until totally smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place soup in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill throughly.
- Serve with reserved cucumber , and watercress.